#003 - Screencasting tips!
January 18, 2023
Fede Iachetti & Seb Wilgosz
In this episode of content_for :devs we discuss tips and tricks we use (or know of) for making screencasting a great experience.
We also dive into different approaches to screencasting and define what's important for us on our screencasts.
In this episode ...
- Intro and projects updates.
- Different approaches to screencasting
- What's important to remember before you start a screencast
- Screencasting tips and tricks
Different approaches to screencasting
- Record live
- The "Destroy All Software" way
- Record each step separately
- Big fonts, browser/editor zoom
- Watchable on mobile
- Switch off notifications
- Hide the clock and apps
- Topic, keep examples simple, stay focused.
- Terminal theme
Tips we mentioned
- use a VM
- Processes (apps)
- Shoot marks in the script
- Hide your mouse cursor
- Clean screen after each step (shot)
- Auto insert shots asd shot numbers
Socials to follow
How to support us?
content_for :devs is a joined effort of two people running their own initiatives. You can help us finance this project by a kind donation :). We appreciate any help to continue with this project!
Today's topic - Screencasting tips and tricks
Recording live and streaming
Recording each step separately
What to remember before we start producing a screencast
Tips and tricks for screencasting